Thursday, May 31, 2018

My Soul Thirsts for You

Hey Everyone!

Happy last day of May! I know by now you have seen a few of our new June release sets, so I thought I would share one of our May release sets before we jump into June! I was very excited when we got this set Refresh My Soul. There are so many applications where you can use the different pieces of this large set! For this page, I actually journaled the same verse that I used on my very first blog post as a member of the Creative Worship Team! Here is the page I created using the Refresh My Soul set. 

Psalm 63:1
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you,
my soul thirsts for you; 
my flesh faints for you, 
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."




I used a lot of watercolor for this page and then added detail with colored pencil and pen on top. One new medium I tried was Texture Paste! I thought it would be fun to add some texture to the page in the sand below the cacti. My texture paste was white so I added some tan acrylic paint to tint the texture paste a bit, mixed it well, and scraped it across the bottom of the page! Pretty easy!



And just for a little #ThrowbackThursday fun, here is the page I did back in February for the same exact verse using our In The Morning stamp. It's so cool to see how the same verse can speak to you so differently at different times! 

I hope you guys enjoyed our a-MAY-zing May releases this month! Get ready for some more awesome new stamp sets in June!!
xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon


Refresh My Soul

Itty Bitty Blossoms


In The Morning 





No comments:

Post a Comment