Thursday, May 24, 2018

Looking back and Refreshing My Soul



"Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul. I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or removed his steadfast love from me!"
Psalms 66:16‭-‬20 ESV

I have to be honest, sometimes when I'm in that low place... I like it. Crazy huh? But it's really not. I like it because at those times God is so close to me and I feel so close to Him. I'm dependent on Him. It's a place where the only thing I want is His comfort and wisdom. Where my heart is restored. And sometimes it's a little sad when life gets better and i feel the distance between us... er, oh, maybe it's the many distractions that I drift a little. 


But how quickly we forget of his faithfulness. Or what He has done for us in those seasons. But looking back is so good for us. It confirms who He is and that He will get you through it. That you will see the other side! That He listens to us. 

We also need to remember to tell our stories to others. To share of his goodness. Go for it... what has God been doing in your life?




ART TALK

For this page I used distress oxide inks. I smeared the ink pad on my craft mat, then used a wet paint brush to pick up the color. Stamped with the Refresh My Soul set for the cactus and words. Used the crosshatch stamp set for texture. This was from the Texture Tiles 1 set. Added a bow and finished. Happy shopping!


Colleen

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Colleen! Your art is always beautiful...and even more your heart. Love what you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I agree Diane...Colleen has a beautiful heart!!

      Those times when things are tough are often some of the best...when we look back and remember how He refreshes us!! Here of late, God is reminding me to wait quietly.

      Delete