Thursday, May 10, 2018

Stuck on You

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations." Deuteronomy 7:9

God is so so good! I just returned home a few weeks ago from a bible journaling retreat that left me filled to overflowing with the goodness of God. So many 'God moments' (those moments that could have only happened because of God...you know the times you say "wow God!") happened to get me to the retreat and while I was there. The crazy, mind blowing thing is, He not only loves and is good to me but a thousand generations that will follow after me. I received this new set of cactus and succulent themed stamps (Refresh my Soul) and instantly the phrase 'stuck on you' jumped into my heart. 


This a really simple and quick page. I stamped one of the cacti on dark green cardstock, fussy cut it out then stamped the adorable face. To make the details pop a little more I used my white gel pen to doodle over some of the stamp line work. I created a little succulent garden on the page and watercolored the images. After stamping the title towards the top I added my prayer, some coordinating washi tapes and tabs. 



This was not a fancy elaborate page, but some days we need that. We need to allow ourselves the freedom to not feel like every page in our Bible needs to be a framable work of art worth of gallery walls. This is a personal place to reflect and pray. So today if you have five minutes or are blessed with hours of time pull out that Bible stamp a quick image use those pencils, watercolors etc journal a prayer and dig in. God is waiting for you... He longs to show you how much He loves you and how good he is. Press in friends and get stuck on Him!

Hugs and Prayers,





No comments:

Post a Comment