Thursday, May 3, 2018

Trust His Heart

  
Trust in the LORD with all of your heart, and do not lean
on your own understanding.  In all of your ways acknowledge
Him and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6
It's interesting that in the last month or so, the Lord is sending these old "primary" songs my direction; songs from my early times as a Christian.  Little ditties and jingles to help me memorize the Bible.  Very effective!  But while I do memorize more easily when verses are put to music, sometimes it's hard to recall these beloved tunes when I need to. 
Proverbs 3:5-6 is a WONDERFUL passage of scripture.  Seems pretty simple, straight forward; definitely a passage of great instruction and wonderful promise!


 God gives us such clear directives in our lives; such amazing guidelines to help us "sync up" with Him.  Proverbs 3:5-6 is written from the point of view of someone who has seen, first-hand, what it looks like and what comes from meditating on this principle.
1.  Trust God with everything
2.  Don't practice self-reliance
3.  Know the Lord's direction in all situations

The beautiful, underlying purpose of this passage revolves around God's heart.  He's like a daddy that looks at his kids straight in the eyes, telling them how to best avoid danger; how to use reason; how to accomplish much; how to have joy; telling them how much he loves them, indeed!
WOW!  God's heart is amazing!  He's wanting us to trust this heart of His. These words in scripture are God's "breath of life" to us that we may have lives with purpose.  God is giving us helps, so that we may see our lives as directional and intentional, fruitful and full to His glory!

My dear sister, God does NOT want us to embark on the journey He's set before us with our own vision and interpretation of what we see or understand.  As Maker of the universe and Maker of our brains, He knows us intimately, and He understands our inability to "make it" on our own.  We only stand to gain by trusting the Sovereignty of our Creator: He will make our paths straight!
What does that mean??  It means, "not crooked."  :)  Does not deviate.  Does not break off; does not become lost.  Safe.  Plentiful.  Resulting in accomplishment and fulfillment.  OH YES!  Give me THAT! 
Inspiration comes from the most interesting places; I
guess that's why it's called "inspiration!" 
Coffee mugs are getting better and better!! :D


Even as I write this post, I'm practicing: "Lord not me; You! I can't write this unless You have purposed it.  My heart does not yearn for people like Yours.  Help me remember Your will for my life and allow me this chance to help others see it for theirs!" 
I'm not saying this as though I've already "arrived."  Again, through a childish song, I've been reminded of the importance and value of Proverbs 3:5-6.  God's heart is for me and you! Do we trust Him?  With everything?  All of it?  Are we choosing our own intellect over His Sovereign plan?  Do we bring God into the situation?  Every time? 
Practice is everything - today's a good day to start!  Holy Spirit, You are welcome here!

This page layout was heavily inspired by the coffee mug you see above.  The "Itty Bitty Blossoms" set is rapidly becoming one of my faves, and the "Girl Power" set used allows for me to construct SO many combinations of facial features and accessories!   All the May releases are superb!  Checkout the entire May release for your own Bible Journaling!

So excited to be using them for Him!  God bless and much love,

~**Deeds**~
IG: @mrcfuldeeds2010
Youtube: mrcfuldeeds

   
Lyra brush pens and liquid chalk
edgers helped me achieve the colorful
look of the page!


No comments:

Post a Comment