Monday, May 28, 2018

Needing More and More of Jesus

Delight yourself in the Lord
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4 (ESV)

What is the highest desire of your heart?  Sometimes our best desires get covered over with our busy, hectic lives and we neglect our greatest need.  As women, we spend so much time nurturing others that we often forget that we need nurturing too.  We've all longed for a day at the spa...where we are totally pampered.  I remember years ago, spending way too much money (I thought) on a massage...and the relaxation lasted until I drove in the traffic again on my way home.  So much of what we do to delight ourselves simply doesn't last.  Life hits full force and we are drained all too soon. 

There is a delight that lasts.  Our delight in the Lord never ceases because who he is never changes, never wanes, never disappears.  As we come into his presence for the refreshment he renews our minds, bodies and spirits and that energy lasts.  Even we life drains us, we find within us a reserve that is supernatural.  He comes from the resurrection power that resides inside our spirit.  


I have a great need of Jesus.  My life, my joy depend on him.  I love that God even puts that desire for him within us. "For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to desire and to work out His good purpose." (Philippians 2:13)  Isn't that incredible.  I have to confess that I have remarked to my husband at times, "I love you forever, but I'm not liking you very much right now."  Am I the only one?  Feelings are fickle.  But the desire that we have for God come from him...so it will always be in our hearts.  Circumstances may fuel our desire to be in the Lord's presence but that desire will always be there because God has deposited it...and what God does in and through us cannot be altered.  


What's even more amazing is that God delights over us!  I loved the thought in the 100 Days of Bible Promises journal by Illustrated Faith underlined on this page. "As you give Him your heart, He sings back to yours."  Oh, believer....let that beautiful picture soak into your spirit.  The God of the universe delights to sing over you.   I think that is why I need him so much.  I need his unconditional love, his strength...I need his forgiveness, mercy, grace and compassion.  He is everything I need, he is all I need to live.  


All I need is Jesus...because he is the only one who can truly satisfy this heart of mine.  He crafted my heart and he knows exactly what I need, what delights me.  I'm so very grateful that he designed me to want more and more of him!

Design Details:
This was an incredibly simple page to create.  I used the Girl Power printable as a sticker for the girl image.  The rest is stamped...flowers and words.  All the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets are listed below.  I used acrylic paint and dipped the end of a pencil eraser in the paint to make the painted confetti.  




Bitty Blossoms



Bitty Minnie Alpha

 Skinny Minnie Alpha



 Cold Coffee Alpha



1 comment:

  1. Yes...I need much more of Him, too! Every moment of every day!! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete