Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Refresh



Do you ever just get weary? You know, the “my body is just worn out and my mind is cluttered kind of weary?” I don’t know about you, but this girl does.

When I read this passage last week, it brought such a sense of “ahhhhh” to my heart. God himself brings abundant rain that refreshes the weary land. Just reading His word brings such a peace.  Knowing that He provides brings such joy when I get weary.  

David couldn’t help but be filled with joy and had to write about it and sing God’s praises....and so did I!!



“But let the godly rejoice. Let them be glad in God’s presence. Let them be filled with joy. Sing praises to God and to his name! Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds. His name is the Lord — rejoice in his presence!

O God, when you led your people out from Egypt, when you marched through the dry wasteland,
Interlude

the earth trembled, and the heavens poured down rain before you, the God of Sinai, before God, the God of Israel. You sent abundant rain, O God, to refresh the weary land.

Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms. Interlude”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭68:3-4, 7-9, 19‬ ‭NLT‬‬




Art behind the story:

The Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps Refresh My Soul Set was perfect for this passage. I stamped the cacti and the plants, then drew the sand lines and the small cactus on the lower right. The sentiments are stamped used the word “refresh” from the Refresh My Soul set and the Bitty Minnie Alphas. The tiny word “joy” on the tab is from the Choose Faith stamp set. After I water colored the images and the background, I came back and added some sand using the Texture Tiles 1 stamps.

Thanks for joining me today. Pray you find refreshing by pondering His Word today.

Hugs,

Gayle
IG: patioponderings









No comments:

Post a Comment