Saturday, May 26, 2018

Painted Praises...

Hi friends,

I love music, especially singing, and while it's great to sing along to whatever my favourite songs may be, there is something about singing praise and worship to the Lord that is so much more than just singing songs. When we praise God we are doing what we were created to do. Even in the midst of tough times, we can still choose to magnify God for who He is and what He has done.


Psalm 13 shows David crying out to God in a place where he felt sorrow overwhelm him and enemies triumphing over him. He asks God 'how long?' several times in the first verse alone, crying out for relief and justice. Then in verse 5 and 6 David writes:

'But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD'S praise, for he has been good to me.'

I love how even in the midst of this dark time in his life, David says 'But...' What an incredible example of how we can praise the Lord no matter what circumstances we may be facing. Our praise is not about how we feel or what we see around us, it is about God's goodness to us (and there is SO much goodness to meditate upon). And the wonderful thing about singing God's praise is that it results in us being lifted up and given perspective on our troubles. When we see and praise and goodness and power of God, we can't help but be encouraged and reminded that God will always be faithful toward us, and our deliverance will come - in His time.


I created the background on this page using a Gel Press and distress paints (so much fun!) as well as Texture Tiles 1. I used Let's Do This for the word Praise as well as the little leaf and arrow details, and completed the verse using Bitty Minnie Alpha and Classy Script Alpha. The big leaves are from Fantastic Flowers, and were coloured using distress paints.


Here are stamp sets I used:



 
 
 
Can I encourage you to choose, like David, to sing the Lord's praise no matter the circumstances you may be facing? God so is worthy of our praise.

x Amy x

1 comment: