Monday, May 7, 2018

Shine Bright

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Dear Friends,
I love this verse! So much so, that I have journaled the verse in all 5 of my journaling Bibles already! So, I made a tip-in. More details on that farther down. :) This verse tells us to shine. But not for our own glory, but to glorify God. We should act in a way that shows others Jesus and draws them to Him. I listened to a lesson by Ray Vander Laan where he said, "Create an alternative to what's wrong in our broken world." That really stuck with me. Our world is broken. It's full of hurting people. He went on to say that God desired to create a community that would live out an alternative, showing the world what He intended and desired. Rather than criticizing what's wrong around us, let's create alternatives- communities that show the love of Jesus, families that live out the roles of parents and children in godly ways, businesses that are honest and just and use profits to improve the lives of those around them. When we do this, when we shine our light before others, they will see our good deeds and give glory to our Father in heaven.

Now for details on the tip-in. I used the following Sweet n Sassy Stamps sets: Girl Power, Bitty Minnie Alpha, Skinny Minnie Alpha, Worthy King, and The Good News.

Girl Power and Bitty Minnie Alpha are brand new sets this month. I love both of them! Girl Power includes 8 girl heads along with shoulders, necklines, and images to make faces if you don't want the girls to be faceless. So cute!! I cut a piece of card stock to be slightly smaller than the Bible page. I used watercolor crayons to color. I attached the tip-in to the page with washi tape. Tip-ins are a great way to add journaling to an already journaled page!

Shine on, friends! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment