Friday, May 4, 2018

Ask for Rain...

Hi friends,

I recently did a search for the word 'rain' in the Bible and came across this Scripture:

"Ask rain from the LORD in the season of the spring rain, from the LORD who makes the storm clouds, and he will give them showers of rain" (Zechariah 10:1)

When I first read this verse I thought it was a great encouragement to pray for God's refreshing and provision. While I think it does carry that meaning, I also noticed the part about seasons. I found it interesting that the instruction is to pray for rain in the season for rain. It made me reflect on whether there are things in my life that there are seasons for, and if I am praying for the right thing at the right time. You see, so often it's easy to get impatient and want things now, so we pray and ask and pray some more. But God knows when it is the right season for each provision we need. Living a life of faith in God means waiting for His timing and His seasons, all the while holding up our requests to God with patience.


I'm having a lot of fun creating with the a-MAY-zing new stamps this month! On this page a stamped the cacti from Refresh My Soul then masked them so I could sponge and stamp ink on the background. The cacti were then coloured with Inktense pencils and an aquabrush. The verse was stamped using the fabulous new Bitty Minnie Alpha set along with its big sister set, Skinny Minnie Alpha. I also used Texture Tiles 1 to create the stamped background effects.




May we all recognise the season we are in and bring our prayers to God in response and faith.

Many blessings.

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment