Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Be a Light


Hello everyone!
    I hope you guys are off to a great start this week! Today I am sharing a page with you I recently created in my 100 Days of Bible Promises book. This book/journal has been a wonderful and inspiring place to try new techniques that I would normally be afraid to try out in my bible.

Romans 12:2
"Do not conform to the patterns of this world, 
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 
Then you will be able to test and approve that God's will is --- 
his good, pleasing and perfect will."



After reading this verse, it reminded me of how hard it really is sometimes to live the way God calls us to! The reality of the world we live in today is really quiet far from the way God would like us to be, as a general population. The world is mixed with all kinds of different people and not everyone loves God and his word the way some of us do. It can be very easy to fall into the pits of what is most popular or "accepted" today instead of following what is right. If we can stay in His word and remind ourselves of the path we should be following, we can become a light in a dark world for others to follow. There are some that may not know God's word or simply just need to be reminded of it. And WE can be that light for those people! Shining our light can have an amazing impact on one or many.

So shine bright in a dark world!!!


Creative Details

To create this page I covered the entire page with Distress Ink in the color Black Soot. I then used a white colored pencil to get a general outline of the mason jar I wanted. To create the grass and the light in the jar, I used mixtures of lime green, white, bright blue, black and white acrylic paints. The text was the last thing I did on this page after making sure the rest of my page was completely dry. I used two different stamp sets (listed below) and stamped them with VersaMark embossing ink, then used white, black and silver embossing powder. I only embossed one word at a time to keep the powders from mixing. I set the embossing powder with my heat gun and done!!

Thanks for stopping my the Creative Worship Blog today and checking out my page! Have a great week.... and shine bright!!

xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon


Bitty Minnie Alpha


Mini Grunge Type Alpha





No comments:

Post a Comment