Friday, May 11, 2018

God Did It!

Hi friends! I’m still enjoying the chronological reading through the Bible. I hope many
of you are still reading along too. Seeing it all as one big story really helps with putting all the pieces together. 

Reading through the stories of David as he establishes his kingdom is quite an adventure. 
One of my favorites here of late is found in 1 Chronicles 14. We have the scene where the Philistines come to attack David because they aren’t too happy that David has been anointed king over all of Israel. The suspense is mounting. How was David going to handle this?

If I were David I would have gathered up my troops and my armor and marched right out there and shown them who was king. But not David. He did something very important first!

He prayed and asked God if he should go. 

Imagine that! How many times do we just make decisions without consulting God first? How often do I just run feet first into the situation without stopping and pondering and praying? 

Not only did David pray, he waited for God to answer. After receiving God’s answer to go and that God would make them successful, David and his troops went out and defeated the Philistines. 

Immediately, David responded in praise: “God did it!” When I get through a tough spot and have a victory in my life, do I give God the praise? When we are on the other side of a trial, do we say “whew, we made it?” or do we say “whew, thank you, Lord?" 

David and his men were so full of joy for what God had done there they even gave the place a name giving the Lord all the glory: Baal-Perazim. Do I give God all the glory? Do I record and journal those moments...those triumphs...those victories? Do I take a picture so I can remember that moment?

What about you? Do you pray before making a decision? Do you give God praise on the other side of the situation? Do you shout it out on social media? Do you write it down so it can be a legacy of God’s faithfulness? 

Definitely a few things to ponder. 

“So David asked God, “Should I go out to fight the Philistines? Will you hand them over to me?” The Lord replied, “Yes, go ahead. I will hand them over to you.” So David and his troops went up to Baal-perazim and defeated the Philistines there. “God did it!” David exclaimed. “He used me to burst through my enemies like a raging flood!” So they named that place Baal-perazim (which means “the Lord who bursts through”).”
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭14:10-11‬ ‭NLT




Art behind the story:

As I was reading this passage, I immediately thought of these verses as a checklist of sorts. 
  1. Pray
  2. Praise
  3. Document it
The new May release stamps from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps were perfect to use. First of all, I used the words “pray” and “praise” from the Let’s Do This set. Next, I used the tag and the alphas from Bitty Minnie to make the “God did it!” tag. Lastly I used some squiggles from Itty Bitty Blossoms to provide some detailing. The cameras are fussy cuts and a sticker that I had in my stash. 

Take a look at this month’s new releases. They are all just a-MAY-zing! 

Until next time,
Gayle 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment