Thursday, May 17, 2018

Streams of Living Water

To the thirsty I will give from the spring of 
the water of life without payment.
Revelation 21:6



The Bible is replete with passages that reference the living water God gives to the believer.  One of my favorite passages is, not surprisingly, the woman at the well in John 4.  She typifies those who are without Christ...parched souls, who don't even know they are spiritually withering.  It's a beautiful story on one who decides to grab the cup of living water and gain eternal life.  

Even believers experience times in their lives that take them through dry patches.  Yet, when they traverse the desert places in their journey, they will make it to the other side safely because Christ has already promised to provide living water.  He will meet every need that we have and will never forsake, and will never make us wander through those desert places alone and thirsty. 


I love the passage included on my page from John 7:38--"Whoever believes in me, as the scripture has said, 'Out of his heart will flowe rivers of living water.'"  This is a beautiful picture of those of us who remember how thirsty we were, remember the withered soul we possessed before Christ, and who are now passionate about splashing that same living water onto others.  We are in the refreshing business!  We can lead others to the living water.  We can give others the life-giving drink that is the only drink that quenches the thirsty heart. 


I could write a book in praise describing all the ways God has cleansed and refreshed me.  While not a book, I created a little booklet from tags (Bitty Minnie Alpha set), with praises from my heart.  I love creating little nooks and "secret" places in my praise book for private prayers and praises to my God.  


The tags are connected by the brad and the last tag is adhered to the page.  This allows the booklet to swing open.  What's written inside brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.  I love having it there to ponder and praise again and again!

Sets Used:
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-desert-delights-printable-bundle-with-devotional/
3 pages of colored images, scripture prompts and 
an interactive devotional for deeper study.  
The bundle also include both color and outline digital files
so you can create your own printable of just the images you want!


http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-bitty-minnie-alpha-clear-stamp-set/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment