Friday, June 1, 2018

Dare to Stand Tall


Hello lovelies! Have you all been watching our social media channels to see the new June sets being released this month. Oh my goodness they are fabulous! You can run over and check them all out HERE. I was particularly drawn to the "Be a Flamingo" set....I love those big hibiscus flowers and fun tropical leaves. The verse that immediately came to my mind is the passage where we are told to put on the full armor of God so we can stand tall against all the evil schemes of the devil.


I started by stamping the large hibiscus and accidentally dropped my stamp and made a horrible blurry mess....cue panic and a couple tears. I decided to stamp the flower onto white cardstock. Watercolor and then fussy cut the flowers and attach them very strategically with a little double stick tape. I added a few leaves stamped directly onto the page to make the florals look even more three dimensional. After a little more stamping and journaling I am actually very pleased with how this page turned out and was excited to see that my mistake didn't ruin, but actually enhanced my page.



"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore..." Ephesians 6:13-14a  

I have heard this verse and this portion of scripture so many times that often I hate to admit I tend to breeze through it, thinking I have heard this all before. This time around I was so drawn to the number of times stand is mentioned in just one verse. Standing isn't a particularly hard action to perform, however when life begins to seemingly crumble and people around you are sitting it can be hard to be the odd bird out. This flamingo looks so serene as if she knows God's got this...not only that but flamingos stand on one leg. I need to have that kind of confidence and faith in my God!  I know life is not easy, but if we dare to stand tall together we will be amazing ambassadors for Christ.


Father, thank you for giving me the courage to stand tall when life gets hard. You will never leave me and have already won this war. Let me stand firm and tall! amen!

Hugs and Prayers,






No comments:

Post a Comment