Saturday, June 2, 2018

Tickled Pink




Have you ever been so filled with joy that you just can’t contain it? Your face is beaming, and is sporting a smile that is a mile wide. The glow is just radiating from your eyes. You might even be so joy filled that you dance a bit!

What made you feel that way? You got a promotion? A new grandchild? Someone paid you the nicest compliment? How about you knew you were loved?

I might be labeled a little crazy like King David and even dance around the kitchen, but having the joy of the Lord is like that for me! Some days I just can’t contain my joy when I stop and ponder how loved I am by God.

In Psalm 98 verse 1, David tells us to sing a new song for the Lord has done marvelous things. Not only has He defeated our enemies, but He has made a way for our redemption. If that alone doesn’t make you do a little dance, I don’t know what will! 


Later, in verse 4 and following, David tells us not only to sing, but to shout! We aren’t talking strumming a little on the harp, but bring out the trumpets and praise.

All the earth and every living thing is to join in and “clap their hands in praise!” Can’t you just hear the ocean roaring His praises? What about all the living creatures? Creation just screams out in praise of Him.

What about you? Are you so filled with His joy that you praise Him? or do you let the cares of this world steal your joy? My friend, take heart, He has overcome this world and gives us hope.

Will you get “tickled” pink with me and sing a new song before our Lord?



“Sing a new song to the Lord, for he has done wonderful deeds. His right hand has won a mighty victory; his holy arm has shown his saving power!

Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!

Let the sea and everything in it shout his praise! Let the earth and all living things join in. Let the rivers clap their hands in glee! Let the hills sing out their songs of joy”
‭‭Psalm 98:1, 4, 7-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬



Art behind the story:

When I knew these flamingo stamps were going to be released, they made me smile. Most of you know by now, I’m a creation lover because I truly believe creation just screams praises of the Creator! Flamingos are one of those birds that just make me happy by looking at them. 

This stamp set “Be a Flamingo” is part of the June Release for Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps. I stamped the flamingo first, then watercolored it. Next, I did a little “stamp surgery” and cut apart the “tickled pink” phrase, because I knew I wanted to stamp it separately. I added the exclamation point from the Bitty Minnie Alphas and finished it off with the polka dots from Grunge Elements 2.

Hope today you find joy in the Lord and get “tickled pink” over Him!

Hugs,

Gayle
IG: patioponderings








No comments:

Post a Comment