Saturday, June 9, 2018

Set Free

Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me. Psalm 142:7 (NIV)

Hi Friends!

Good news! Jesus can set us free! When we accept Jesus as our Savior, we know He cleanses us from our sins. We are clothed in His righteousness. We have eternal life. We are saved! But sometimes, we don't live as set free, saved people- at least I don't. Sometimes I find myself feeling like I am still locked in the prison of sin, the prison of defeat, the prison of regret. Do you ever find yourself feeling like something has you chained in? There's hope, dear friends, and His name is Jesus. When we feel like we're chained in, we need to remember we are ALREADY set free in Jesus. We are set free as soon as we accept Him as our Lord and Savior. We just need to live that way. Call out to Him. Remember who He says we are in Him.

  • I am loved. 1 John 3:3
  • I am accepted. Ephesians 1:6
  • I am a child of God. John 1:12
  • I am a joint heir with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him. Romans 8:17
  • I am a temple of God. His Spirit and his life lives in me. 1 Corinthians 6:19
  • I am redeemed and forgiven. Colossians 1:14
  • I am complete in Jesus Christ. Colossians 2:10
  • I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1
  • I am a new creation because I am in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. Colossians 3:12
  • I am established, anointed, and sealed by God. 2 Corinthians 1:21
  • I do not have a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
  • I have direct access to God. Ephesians. 2:18
Simply choose to believe what God says about you. And live that way! And then praise Him. Thank Him. Bring glory to His name. Because that's what we do for our Savior who freed us! 
For the page, I used 3 brand new Sweet n Sassy Stamps sets and a couple of other favorites. The brand new sets are: Free Indeed, Brotherly Love, and Script Alpha. I also used Girl Power (which pairs beautifully with Brotherly Love), Let's Do It, and Teeny Alpha (which has upper and lowercase and numbers!!). I used watercolor crayons for the background and a white Sharpie pen to highlight.

I found the list of who we are in Christ at https://www.christianlifecoaching.co.uk/who-you-are-in-Christ.html. You can find the complete list there.

Have a blessed week! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment