Saturday, June 23, 2018

Land of the Free


"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

Independence day is right around the corner and has me contemplating what it means to have freedom and to be free. Freedom in the dictionary is described as the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without restraint, or the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved. As a Christian I feel so blessed to have the gift of freedom from sin. I don't have to listen to the taunting and whispered lies in my ears. Christ willingly gave himself as a sacrifice so I can experience freedom.


This page was a little of a challenge as I originally used StazOn ink on the back side of the page that bled through. I used a little white acrylic paint thinly scraped across the page with a paint card to easily cover and create a blank canvas for me to create on. Instead of using colored inks I used my big brush Pitt pens to color and stamp the images onto the page. Combining the star and stripes stamps I was able to create a abstract flag at the top of the page. I filled in my titled with hand lettering and tiny alpha stickers. The seamless bunting was created by inking all but the knot on one end of the banner then re inking the stamp and realigning to create the swoop. After the ink on the bunting was dry I went back with the same red and blue Pitt pens and filled in the triangles to match the page.


This fantastic set 'Free Indeed' can be purchased HERE along with many other beautiful versatile sets. Keep your eyes open for next months new stamps....you will not be disappointed!

Hugs and Prayers,





No comments:

Post a Comment