Thursday, June 14, 2018

Invest...with love



When I get the privilege of spending time with girlfriends, it always blesses my heart. We laugh and talk and pray and encourage. With several of my friends, we spend time creating. Some of my friends, we just open the word together. With others, we share life over a meal. One girlfriend is my mani pedi bestie!

Regardless of what we are doing together, the important part is to encourage each other in our walk with the Lord. 

The apostle Paul was writing to the church in Corinth. As he was wrapping up the letter, he was telling them that when he comes to visit next, he wanted to spend extended time with them. I’m sure that was time that Paul would pour in to them...making disciples.

Paul goes on in 1st Corinthians 16, verse 13 to give them some words of wisdom. “Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.”


Even though Paul wasn’t physically with them at the moment, he was still building them up. He was giving them words of exhortation.


Life these days keeps us from as much face to face time with each other as we would like, but it only takes a few moments to write a note to a friend. It only takes a quick minute to send a Bible verse and text to brighten someone’s day. 

Investing in others may look different to each of us depending upon the season we are in. The important thing is that we make that time...with love.  

“And do everything with love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14

Who might you encourage today to “stand tall” in their faith?



Art behind the story:

My friend Julie was over and we enjoyed the time together crafting, praying, and talking about the Bible verses. The Be a Flamingo stamp set from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps is definitely a new favorite! As I stamped, watercolored and fussy cut the images, Julie and I had such fun visiting together. The background in done with Distress Oxide and water splatters. I used Texture Tiles 2 to add some visual interest. You can see the detail in the close up photos above and below. The words are stamped with Script Outline Alpha and colored with Derwent Inktense pencils. I used a water brush to activate the color and create the ombré effect in the letters. Lastly, I arranged and glued down all the pieces! 

Hugs,
Gayle (patioponderings)









No comments:

Post a Comment