Friday, June 22, 2018

Knock Down The Wall...



Happy Friday Everyone!

  I know I'm ready for the weekend, how about you? Fun plans with family and friends, or maybe nothing? Sometimes having no plans is just the best, right?! 

The page I am discussing today is about forgiveness! One of those topics that is much easier said than done, I know.

Ephesians 4:31
"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, 
along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, 
as God in Christ forgave you."


All of us have at one time or another been "burned" by a significant other, friend, family member, coworker, the list goes on. Whether it was it was a simple and almost petty thing that you just can't seem to look past, or something so awful that you don't think anyone could forgive someone who would do such a thing. The act of forgiving someone is not always easy. 

Let's just be completely honest here. It is SO much easier sometimes to put up a wall! Build a wall around yourself and your heart so that no one can get close enough to hurt you again. And that wall may do a great job of protecting you... for a while... and then you'll probably start to feel a little lonely, or emotionally weighed down from it. Overtime, holding a grunge against someone really wears down on your soul! I know in the past I have held grudges against a couple people that really hurt me, and I vowed I would never let someone hurt me that way again. It wasn't until years later that I realized holding that grudge and not forgiving them wasn't affecting them AT ALL. Honestly, I don't think they even noticed! So I was going through life holding this weight of what happened in the past for absolutely no reason. I was only allowing the past to continue to weigh me down and hurt me.



Once I started praying about it and really focusing on letting go and forgiving them, such a weight was lifted off of me. Jesus is the ultimate example of forgiveness. He paid the ultimate price for all of our sins, when he did absolutely NOTHING wrong. He forgave us of all our sins! If he was able to forgive all of us for all of the sins we committed and ever WOULD commit, then how can we not forgive others just as he did?! So break down that wall you have built around your heart, and let others in. Forgive those that have hurt you and don't let them hold you back from happiness. 

xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon

Texture Tiles 2

Mini Grunge Type Alpha

Let's Do This

Outline Alpha







No comments:

Post a Comment