Thursday, July 5, 2018

Joy of the Lord


Hello all! Happy July! Today I pulled out my new set called 'Life in Jesus' and really wanted to create a page with the word Joy. There is a fantastic song by Rend Collective entitled 'Joy' that absolutely blesses my heart. The chorus to the song is so uplifting "your the joy joy joy lighting my soul The joy joy joy making me whole Though I am broken, I am running into your arms of love." I used to think that joy was the same as being happy, but it is so not... happiness is what happens to us, but joy is something so much deeper than feelings, it is our strength!

Nehemiah 8:10 "The joy of the Lord is your strength."


I started this page by wetting my entire page with water till it was super wet. I then began to drop in watercolors around the page. It was so fun to watch them move and blend together. I recommend not choosing too many colors as the page can quickly become muddy. After the watercolor was completely dry I stamped the word Joy and filled it in with my trusty white signo uniball pen. The word 'me' I stamped using the lowercase alpha from the new 'sunshine girl alpha' set. At the top of the page I stamped the arrow and added the reference for the page. I had fun adding bright alpha stickers to finish out the title some tabs, wordfetti, and die cut camera to remind myself to focus on joy. It is a little hard to see but I also added a few white crosses using my white pen to create a little added texture.



Father, Thank you for blessing my life with defiant joy. No matter what I may face I will praise you and rejoice in my strength that comes from you! Amen

Hugs and Prayers,



No comments:

Post a Comment