Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Go-Share-Here

"18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Jesus told--rather--commanded His disciples to go make disciples of all nations.  Go.  This is an active directive.  Not one that we can sit back and accomplish.  It doesn't just happen without action on our part.  The gospel of Mark tells the same story in chapter 16. Jesus was very specific that we are to go into all the world and share the good news of the gospel.  Go.  
Does that mean youI have to go to Bolivia, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, or some other far away land?  Maybe.  If that what God leads you to do.  But He also means for us to go right in our own neighborhoods, in our own workplaces, even perhaps in our own families. "Go" means to move from one position to another, to progress or advance.  Maybe God is calling you to go meet or your neighbor and share a cup of coffee or tea, and just get to know them.  Being a good friend, showing God's love and kindness, is the BEST way to make lasting disciples.  Maybe He wants you to talk to the person on the next treadmill, instead of watching the latest episode of "This is Us."  
Sometimes we think Jesus was just talking about the Mission Field, so we pray for the missionaries, send offering money, and maybe even sponsor a child in Guatemala (or wherever).  But that really is the easy way out.  How much "going" are you doing?  Jesus said to "go," out of our comfort zones and reach people, wherever they need to be reached.  

I used the "Send Me" stamp set for this page.  I stamped the world image, and then stamped the word "Go" right over the top of it.  I was pleased with how it fit perfectly inside the globe.  I bent the "share" stamp on my acrylic block so it would curve underneath the world.  I finished the stamping so it would say, "Go share the good news here."  I originally stamped "here" in green, and I didn't like how that looked; so I fixed it by restamping it on white cardstock and cutting out the letters into block tiles.  I used Distress Oxide Inks to stamp and color.  Notice how I blended the colors on the word "good"?  Of course, I finished with some splatter on the page, a tab and bow, highlighting my verse, and journaling.

I challenge you to GO and share the good news! Thanks for stopping by.  You can visit me anytime at  Jules' Jewels YouTube Channel and my blog Jules' Jewels, and see other projects on Instagram at @julesk.jewels.




"Send Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment