Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Get Ready!



"preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching." 2 Timothy 4:2


Printables like ones used here are so versatile.  I find that using the "Go With God" printable and stamp sets are a great way to record the meaning of God's plan and our purpose.
After reading the devotion written by Diane Noble, my mind got to thinking about other ways that God is calling me after Himself.  I mean, REALLY calling.  He's practically yelling at me, and my soul knows it!
Before I did anything on this page, I prepped - twice.
See, lately I've been intrigued by the simplicity of Crayola Markers.  I bought some for my kids so they could play ALL day this summer if they wanted to.  They love creating.  One night I sat down with my 5yr old and we toyed around with stencils, markers and stickers.  I'm not sure who of you has found the fun in using these markers in your bibles, but if you haven't tried it yet, you should!  Just page prep.  :)  Their ink is rather heavy AND permanent.  They deliver quite the color; bold, daring and bright! Additionally - SO MUCH LOVES the Sunshine Girl Alpha!

I simply swiped across certain areas of the page with 3 different colors.  When that dried, I took the lovely "Texture Tile 3" stamp set and  stamped within the applied color.  I loved it! It gave such great dimension!  This is the easiest type of page to make.  Not too much hassle!  Markers, stamps, printables - DONE!

As 2 Timothy 4 spoke to me, I realized that I have a sin problem I haven't yet dealt with.  See, I have this idea that one day I will impact many with the Word of Christ!  I will go abroad and make more and better disciples for God!  I will even be a part in planting churches, establishing Christian-giving organizations and attempt to couple with Tim Tebow in ministering to 3rd world countries.  Yeah, high ambitions.  High goals.  And even if it's a high honor to win 100's of souls to Christ, God has placed me in a slightly different battle ground.  My home.  My home of 7.  The children He's blessed me with - all 5 of them, ranging from 14 years to 4 months.  
It's difficult to understand the "impact" I seek if I'm here in the humble abode, trying my best to be Christ-like 24/7.  But isn't that what it is?  To be like Christ all the day?  From sun-up to sun-down, aren't we called to be a witness to "reprove, rebuke and exhort with complete patience and teaching?"

The answer is "yes."  Yes, we are called to "be ready in and out of season."  I'm not saying that I will not still aspire to one day help plant churches, or serve as a missionary to other regions of the globe… but for right now, the Lord has me in a home-maker's ministry, serving in a mission field of small hearts and big dreams.  Each dinner.  Each laundry load.  Each eye infection, sore throat, and allergy.  Every lost tooth, bath-time, and holiday.  All present themselves as opportunities to preach the word and to preach it with fervency.
I consider myself in training for other missionary work in the future, but more so, I'm in the thick of ministry on behalf of the gospel of grace RIGHT NOW. 
My kids. 
My husband… and so I go. 
I go with God into this ministry - holding tightly to the hands of compassion of Him that so generously bled for my sins and rose for my victory!


I'm constantly having to re-commit myself to the Word of God as it is preached.  My sin problem is that I'm attempting to fill another's shoes, when the ones that the Lord has given me are a perfect fit.  I need to get ready and "be ready" for whatever comes!
My kids.
My husband… and so I go!

Go with God, friends.  To some, He calls out into the boonies of Africa and Guatemala!  To others, He calls into the battle grounds of intercity ministry, or even the inmates ministry!  To me - and others - He calls to serve my family and preach the gospel of grace - salvation in Christ alone - into my humble abode.  I praise the Lord for His kindness in teaching and lovingly guiding me in MY journey!

Much Love,
Deeds
IG: @mrcfuldeeds2010
Youtube: mrcfuldeeds

 
See the full July Release here.

No comments:

Post a Comment