Monday, July 2, 2018

Grace, Mercy, & Peace

Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love. 2 John 3

Hello Friends!
The letters in the New Testament generally open with some sort of salutation to the person or people the writer is writing to. It's easy, when we're reading, to skim over these salutations and not really pay attention to what they say as we want to get to the "meat" of the letter. But this "grace, mercy, and peace" caught me. Who wouldn't want that? And what exactly does it signify? In my studying of what it meant, I came across a lesson on Bible.org that explained it well. B. F. Westcott said, "The succession 'grace, mercy, peace' marks the order from the first motion of God to the final satisfaction of man." Our relationship with God begins with His grace reaching down to us. Mercy points to God's compassion towards us. And finally, peace points to the result of salvation. Isn't that a beautiful, 3-word summary of what we have in Christ? Grace, mercy, peace. It will be with us no matter what as God will not abandon us. Rest in this truth, my friends.

Now for page details: I used some newly released Sweet n Sassy Stamps sets: Life in Jesus and Texture Tiles 3. Texture Tiles 3 is the Stamp of the Month that you can get for free with a $75 order. See the website for details.

I had previously journaled the backside of this page and used a set called Whimsy Bouquet. Here is the backside page.

There was ghosting from that on this page, so I decided to trace the images onto this side. So, I stamped the words first, then I traced the images and colored them in with watercolor crayons. I finished it off with the texture stamp. I like how it turned out, and this is a good option to use when ghosting or bleed through happens.

May His grace, mercy, and peace be with you this week and always. Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment