Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Going not Knowing....

Hi friends,

I think one of the most challenging things about living a life of faith are those times when God calls us to do something but He doesn't give us all the details (anyone else been there??). We know there is a step that needs to be taken, but the outcome at the end is fuzzy, or even completely blank!


Abraham is recorded in the 'Hall of Faith' found in Hebrews 11, as a man who went out in obedience to God, not knowing where he was going. God told him to leave his family, his home and his country, and to travel to a land that God would show him. The problem was, he had to leave first, then find out the destination later! This takes faith.


Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1). When we respond to God's leading, even when we don't know the outcome, this  is a demonstration of faith in the character and faithfulness of God, and it is a testimony to the world around us, who want to live by sight, rather than by faith. I have found myself in this situation in the past year, where I felt God leading me to leave a job that I had wanted for a long time, and really enjoyed, in order to study. The thing is, I don't know what's at the end of the study journey. I have some ideas, some possibilities perhaps, but at the end of the day I don't know. This has been a major challenge to my 'need-to-have-it-all-figured-out' personality and there are moments where I stress out, thinking about the 'what ifs'. But God is reassuring me through this journey that as I walk with him by faith, my faith and trust in Him grows, and I am able to rest in quiet confidence that the One who calls me is faithful, and He will make things come to pass (1 Thessalonians 5:24).


 Now I know that Abraham didn't travel in a yellow beetle, but how cute is that Go God's Way printable?? And there's also a new stamp set this month to match - so many possibilities! I used the fab new Sunshine Girl Alpha along with the 'faith' word from Life in Jesus to create the verse.



I created the background of this page using a stencil and some inks, sponging the inks onto the page with a dry baby wipe (great for managing exactly where you want the ink to go, as you wrap the baby wipe around your finger and have a high level of control in the application of the ink). Here's a pic of my supplies:


Can I encourage you to take a step (or leap!) of faith if God is calling you to do that in some area, even if you don't know the outcome? God is faithful to His Word and His promises.

Every blessing...

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment