Friday, August 31, 2018

Juggling It All


In these crazy busy days in which we live we often find ourselves juggling everything. Work. School. Church. Soccer. Small group. Date night. Not to mention, where do we fit in the regular demands of life such as laundry, dishes, and grocery shopping? I haven’t even brought up cleaning. What about time for ministry? Meeting with those we are mentoring? There just aren’t enough hours in the day and the week!

How do we fit it all in and do it all well? 

Through the years, I’ve been blessed to have Godly women pour in to my life. The nuggets of wisdom I learned from them have truly helped me in the area of schedules, calendars, and priorities.



When I start by laying my calendar before me with my Bible and asking God what He would have me do, then it all seems to fit much easier.

“The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭32:8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

He tells us that He will guide us along the best pathway, but how do we know which one that is?   We ask Him. 

“If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Isn’t that the sweetest? We don’t have to wandering around wondering about how to fill our days and with what. All we have to do is ask. Then listen. And obey.

As I plan my calendar out for upcoming events, studies, blog posts and trips, I pray. I ask God what He would have me be involved in. I ask Him to help me prioritize. Mostly I ask Him when for me to say “no.” 



One of the pieces of wisdom I learned from a dear friend was “not every need is your call.” I don’t have to fix all things all the time. Anyone else a “fixer” out there? 

Do I still get overbooked and try to do too much?  Do I get so busy I don’t do things well? Yes, I’m not perfect. But, things go much better when I ask God first, listen to Him, and then plan accordingly. 


My word of the year is “intentional.” For me, a big part of this was making sure all I do is for His glory, not mine. When I ask Him to guide me, it goes much smoother.

Art behind the story:

Since keeping a planner for me is necessary, I might as well make it fun. Right? When I start each month, I pull out all my Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps and mix and match depending on the month’s events. I like to stamp some directly in the calendar. Making die cuts is a another way way to add dimension and character.

Show me your planner spreads and how you use all the fun Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps!




Until next time,

Gayle
Patio Ponderings

No comments:

Post a Comment