Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Reflecting Jesus

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror 
the glory of the Lord, are being transformed 
into the same image from glory to glory, 
just as from the Lord, the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18

For some like me, standing in front of a mirror is an intimidating, even discouraging thing. Recently, when I was getting ready for the day, putting on my make-up, I was noticing the sags and wrinkles and I said out loud, "Girl, you've come a long way...and it shows!" I've never liked mirrors...ever! They show what I do not normally see, what I don't want to see. I can't explain it, but I'm about 20 pounds thinner looking down than when looking at my reflection in a mirror! I think the simple matter, like it or not, is that the mirror in front of me is revealing a truth that makes me uncomfortable. I'm uncomfortable because the world tells me I should look very different. It tells me I should be fit, trim and look like I stepped out of a magazine. What should we see when we look in the mirror?


We should see Jesus. When we stand before the mirror we should see the precious soul Jesus died to rescue. We should see the value He placed upon us...body and soul, and know that He deeply, completely loves us. We should see worth and beauty. We should see a relaxed face that glows with the glory of the Lord within us. We should see eyes that look beyond the mirror reflecting self to see others as Jesus sees them. The mirror should reflect another mirror. I become a mirror. And when people look a me, they shouldn't see my reflection. They should see Jesus. My words, actions, thoughts (YES...others can often read our thoughts by the look on our faces) should all reflect Jesus.


Oh, that we could free up self image by concerning ourselves more with our Christ-reflection. Most of us stand in front of a mirror on a daily basis. It's a great time to remind ourselves that when we walk away from that mirror, we become one ourselves. We decide each morning what or who we will reflect that day. Today, I choose Jesus!
-----
Design Details: This layout is in my 100 Days of Bible Promises by Illustrated Faith. I used both my Words of Wisdom printable bundle and my Sunflowers and Pumpkins printable (the outline images page) available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. To add color and texture to the page, I scraped on acrylic paints in two colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment