Thursday, August 16, 2018

"Fruit of the Spirit" Bible Verse Mini Flip Book

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." 
(Gal. 5:22-23)

I've had the chance over the last couple of months to do an in-depth study of the Fruit of the Spirit.  What I've discovered is that each fruit is an example of God's character represented in our lives, when we are walking and living by the Holy Spirit.  When I received my new Fruit of the Spirit stamp set, I decided to make a Fruit of the Spirit mini flip-book, with a key verse for each one.  


I started with some flat card fronts that I cut in half (you could easily use unlined index cards).  I started by stamping a fruit image onto each card, and then I adding one of the fruit words.
To do this I used a variety of alpha sets, including the new Chunky Lowercase, Skinny Minnie, Bitty Minnie, and Script Outline sets, as well as the Life in Jesus set.  


I added detailing to some of the letters with a while Uniball Signo Gel Pen. I also made a title card with all the fruit images around the border of the card.  


Next, I added color to each card by smooshing the ink from various Pitt Big Brush Markers. The point was to make the color look juicy and wet and spilled. 


I made an extra full card with the smooshed color, and then punched out tabs for my fruit cards. I hand-lettered each tab with the corresponding fruit, and attached it with a tiny stapler. 


Next, I splattered black watercolor paint to the cards with a thin paintbrush to contrast with the bright fruity colors. 


After that, I stamped the verse reference onto labels with the Bitty Minnie alpha, and embellished with some colorful enamel shapes. 


I then wrote out the Bible verses onto the backs of each card.  Finally, I punched holes into the corners of the cards, attached them together with a ring binder, and tied some colorful fabric bows onto the ring.


This mini-book can help me memorize and reflect on the key verses for each Spirit-fruit.  love the finished product.  As a matter of fact, if you are planning on attending the Creative Worship Bible Journaling Retreat in September, I'm going to be leading a class on how to make these mini-books!  

May God bless you as you learn to grow and walk in the Spirit, and produce character fruit for Him! 

--Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment