Sunday, August 19, 2018

Pondering




“Praise the Lord! I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭111:1-2‬ ‭NLT‬‬



Recently, I had the privilege of traveling back to Iowa to visit some long time friends. These verses just speak for themselves to describe my thoughts on our visit.


“Praise the Lord! I will thank God with my whole heart.” Yes! I was singing His praise and so full of thankfulness to visit with them. 


“...as I meet with his godly people.” Going to church with my friends and worshiping alongside them was the highlight of my trip.

“How amazing are the deeds of the Lord!” Observing the interaction between my friends and their church family blessed my heart. God is using them tremendously and it was so evident that they were right where they needed to be.

“All who delight in him should ponder them.” May I never cease to be amazed at God and never cease pondering His ways! 



________________


Art behind the story:




The August 2018 Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps stamp of the month “Give Thanks” was perfect to use for this page. I stamped the leaves and acorns along the edge of the margin, and then stamped the phrase. You’ll notice that the phrase stamp is actually straight, but the image is curved. This effect was achieved by slightly curving the clear stamp as I adhered it to the block. Lastly, I used watercolors to color the images and the background. 

Until next time,

Gayle
Patio Ponderings








No comments:

Post a Comment