Monday, March 12, 2018

Sew Seeds of Grace

"But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin
have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching
to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin,
have become slaves of righteousness."
Romans 6:17-18

Good Mondaaaayyy, friends and family!

So glad that you were able to stop by for a few minutes of your day - I'm hoping that you leave feeling encouraged and "spurred on" to love and good works!
This has been such a wonderful month, full of Beauty and, the topic I think we ALL love, Grace.  
The amazing duo of Sweet N' Sassy stamps and Diane Noble's "Garden of Grace" printables has placed such potential in our hands this month, wouldn't you agree??
The "Outline Alpha" stamp set I used for this entry made it very easy to obtain the look I was going for.  The process I used has been seen many places, and done by many people.  I'm not sure what it's called, but the following process shots should help you easily recognize it!
  
Acrylic Paint and
Brayer on Cardstock
Add whatever colors you
want & just start rolling!
Decorate with washi & Stamps!
On this one, I used "Texture Tile"
& "Go With" stamp sets.
At this point, you have a great sheet full of color and texture that you can use for all sorts of things.

After I used the "Outline Alpha" stamps to create the word "Grace," I fussy-cut them out of my colored paper.  I still have a lot of this paper left over, and I plan to use them for other alphas, potential die-cuts and stamps shapes!
------
The reason behind journaling and blogging this passage of scripture is simply this: we - I - have been shown an incredible amount of favor that we DO NOT deserve.  We've not only been given a freedom beyond freedoms in Jesus Christ; we've also been shown a kindness to then extend to others, that they may experience the same love of God we have experienced.
Our hearts are so fragile and break on a constant basis from one day to another.  There are many instances where sin breaks us, where tragedy breaks us, where failure breaks us...but, in all of this God still extends His abundant grace to cover the damage and fix the wreckage.
Far be it from us to withhold grace from another.  We are far too broken to render anything BUT grace to our fellow man!
As the passage above says, "Thanks be to GOD..." Thanks to whom?  God; only God.  Only, EVER God.  He's the one who has made all of the healing and restoration possible in ALL relationships of our existence; AND He grants us the ability through the Holy Spirit to represent Him in this way.  It is only fitting that One who is Holy, Righteous and above all things, be glorified by our kindness and grace toward others.  Sewing seeds of grace in the "soils" of lives with whom we come into contact, helps others to recognize us as a people that live according to a different regime - God's precepts and laws - and that Jesus IS attractive, amazing, gracious, and worthy of praise!  

It really is ALL about Him, and when we understand how costly this heavenly grace was, we'll more likely be willing to look on others as God sees others.  We'll understand that we're not above.  We're not beyond.  We're not an "island," by any means.  We are broken, needy and hurting.  We need healing and salvation, AND Jesus can give us just that!
Let's sew those seeds that woo others to the Lord.  As a Christian, our hearts have been forever changed by Grace.  Everyday, Grace.  Wonderful, matchless Grace.  Grace from the Lord. "Thanks be to God!!"
--------

🙏  Lord, I want to live like a Christian.  I want to love with a real love, and sew seeds of Your grace in others' lives.  I come into contact daily with those who do not know You, Father, and I pray that you'll guide me with words and actions that heal - words and actions that reflect the Author of life and faith.
Jesus, help us live truly and rightly as one who claims Your precious name, and it's in that name that I pray, Amen.

If you have any questions about being freed from sin to live with the heart of God, please let me know!  I'd love to talk about this more!!
Much love, my friends.
Deeds


Here are the links to the stamping products used:

I've shared other parts of my journey with Jesus on Instagram as @mrcfuldeeds2010 and Youtube, here.
Thanks for exploring this part of God's Word with me!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite techniques ever! We are all in such need of grace why is it so hard for us to extend grace to others? Good things to think on.

    ReplyDelete