Friday, March 9, 2018

But God Gives Growth


I don't know about you, but when I get passionate about something, I want everyone around me to be just as excited as I am. It's in my voice, it's my choice of words. I'm going to shout it out and tell the world.  Relate to that?

Where I have gotten into trouble is when I think my calling is your calling. Or even my way is better than yours. When I think my convictions should be yours. When I have thought my way was best, and you are just wrong. The older I have gotten, the more I totally understand that we are different. We are meant to be different that God has uniquely gifted each one of us.

Now read these verses:
"After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building." 
1 Corinthians 3:5‭-‬9 NLT


I thought of these verses and how this may play into bible journaling for some of us. We often look to others and compare. We try to do it her way, their way, God's way. We may journal prayers, write subtitles, blog, pray, read, pull out the commentaries. We might share every word or never share a thing.

I'm here to say your way, is right. What God has laid on your heart, do it his way, your way. I've been in the place where I have read word for word every sentence on the page. Soaking it all in. I've also been in the place where opening His Word and meeting Him on those pages... was too much.
God is using you in this season. He is growing your ministry.  It looks different for all of us, but He is doing it. Pray. Trust Him. Follow what He is calling you to do in this season and be present with HIM.
ART TALK
Hello printables! This month's printables were gorgeous weren't they? I printed the outlines on white sticker paper and resized them to fit the page. Here is a pic after I printed them.                    


Then I watercolored the flowers, pot and watering can. I cut a slit in the pot so the stems of the flowers fot inside. I stuck those to the page and then watercolored the background. Stamped with new Skinny Minnie Alpha set. And can we talk about that texture? 😍 These texture stamps are amazing!!! They go on every page!!! This is how I love finishing my pages. A little bit makes such a big difference.






Click her to shop Sweet N Sassy Stamps
You can follow me on IG @ StirtheSOUL 
(You can watch a time lapse video on my IG account.)

Blessings,
Colleen 




3 comments:

  1. Love what you said in your post. Your page is gorgeous...love the colors and the way you blended everything. Fabulous use of the printables, but the best is your message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your heart. Was just talking with my friend earlier about comparing to everyone else. Your page is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this reminder message! "Stay in your lane girl, God will do the rest! "

    ReplyDelete