Friday, March 23, 2018

God Spoke


In the beginning... GOD SPOKE and everything came to be. That is more than I ever can wrap my head around. Seriously.



My current favorite song is by Hillary Scott,  called Thy Will. Below are a few lyrics from the song...

"It's hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense of all your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that you're God
And I am not"



(Please listen to this song if you haven't. It's so amazing.)


Anyway, this year my word is JOY. I wish this word was that simple. We claim the word for 2018 and then this year is glorious, blissful perfect, right? Except I know that is not what it means. And I know it's not based on my feelings.


Because the noise is telling me so many negative  things right now. The noise is filling my head with  lies. The noise is my own head trying to figure it all out. The noise is distracting me from JOY.

And I need to STOP.
REMEMBER that HE IS GOD and I am not.


He Spoke everything into existence. The universe, the earth, animals, nature,  life. He spoke it, and It came to be. He created me, to live in this timeframe. He is in control of it all. He is the answer to it all. He is God and i am not. I need to cling to this truth.


From later in the song.... "all I got are these 4 words: Thy will be done"


Surrender, let go. All of it. All your worries all your troubles all the sleepless nights. He, the God who spoke, has got you. Trust Him. Believe in Him.


ART TALK
Happy accident. Thats what this page is. I was playing with colors. I wanted a sky or water... honestly I didn't have a plan. And out of no where it's like I created an image that to me represented the voice of God coming out of the heavens... whaaaat? Like only God knew what was happening. I'm not that creative. Lol. It's a beautiful picture to me that shows Gods power. How he spoke the universe into existence.




I used Brea Reese Glitter Inks for background. The words God spoke are from the new Skinny Minnie Alpha Set. The birds are from the Silhouette Woodland Set. And of course the beloved Texture Stamp Set 1. Splatter some paint and call it finished.

Find me on IG st Stirthesoul.

Blessings,
Colleen


No comments:

Post a Comment