Friday, March 2, 2018

God Waters My Life

You visit the earth and water it; you greatly enrich it;
the river of God is full of water; you provide their grain,
    for so you have prepared it. You water its furrows abundantly,
    settling its ridges, softening it with showers,
    and blessing its growth.
Psalm 65: 9-10


God waters what He plants; He nourishes and feeds giving everything necessary not only for growth, but that His plantings flourish.  Earlier in this same chapter, verse 4 says, "Blessed is the one you choose and bring near to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house..."  God chooses those who will come to Him in faith and He brings us near to Him.  He completely satisfies as the God of our lives.  

I've certainly experienced times of spiritual dryness, but those were never because God did not supply my need.  Life can just be very taxing and can drain us.  That's why we need God!  We need to come to Him in prayer, to His Word to be constantly refreshed.  He will never disappoint...He is always there to pour upon me the treasures and goodness from His house...from the resources of heaven itself.  

I had so much fun with this page.  I wanted the visual impact of watering from heaven so I heavily watered the page.  Then I saturated my brush with paint and water and ran the brush along the top of the page.  When I lifted my Bible the water/paint mixture ran down the page.  I love the effect.  So glad it worked as I envisioned since I didn't practice first!  I mixed up some green and yellow paint to get a color that matched the green in the printables I used, and repeated the dripping process, only taking the mixture from the bottom of the page and tipping it from the bottom.  I'll definitely use this process again because I like the dripped look as a background.  

with digital color and outline images JPEG/PNG files

All the cut-out elements for the page came from the just-released printable I designed for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Garden of Grace.  You get a ton of goodies for the money and this bundle is soooo versatile.  You get 3 pages of printables that are easily cut out on most cutting machines with a scan and cut feature or you can always just fussy cut them by hand as I do.  My devotional with an interactive page for deeper study is also included.  But the BEST part of our printables is that they come with digital versions to download.  You get the color images as JPEG and PNG files as well as a few of the images as outline files so you can do your own color scheme.  All the digital files can be sized for your needs too.  So you can personalize everything about this bundle.  

For the lettering I used another new release, Skinny Minnie Alpha designed by Rebecca Rios.  The smaller letters are from the set Mini Grunge Type Alpha...which I love because the letters are smaller. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment