Friday, October 12, 2018

Praise God in His Starry Sanctuary!

Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens. 
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.

 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.
Psalm 150: 1-2, 6 


How can we not praise the Lord?  All of creation testifies to the greatness of our God.  Psalm 19:1 and Psalm 66:4 verify this declaration...
   
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 
All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name. Selah 
A current and popular song by Hillsong, So Will I, certainly inspires the praises of many.  I love the lyrics from the song that speak the the grandeur of creation as it declares by its nature the praise of God. 
If the stars were made to worship so will I
If the mountains bow in reverence so will I
If the oceans roar Your greatness so will I
For if everything exists to lift You high so will I 
So Will I, Hillsong United 
When I created the printable, Starry Sanctuary, it was with all these inspirations in mind.  There have been so many times in my life, I find my most meaningful worship time with God at night.  I speak to that in the devotion contained in the printable.  There is something about a starry night, the sanctuary God provides with His night sky, that elicits my praises.  Looking at the stars absolutely shows the power and majesty of God.  I think about all God has done in my life...and I'm immensely grateful for all of it.  And I praise Him for it.  But I would praise Him anyway...because of who He is.  
-----
Design Details:  



This may be one of my favorite printables so far.  I love the colors and the theme of it all.  It was a worship experience in putting it together and thinking of ways to depict praising God day and night.


 
I used cut outs from the printable for all the images.  But these would be amazing on clear sticker paper too.   The background is just an easy acrylic scraping, with a few black splatters for texture.   
Don't forget that the printable bundles at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps include digital images as well, making our printable unique and so versatile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment