Monday, October 22, 2018

First Things First



All the things just pull at us and vie for our attention. It seems that everything is urgent and needed to be done yesterday. There are so many needs and ministries and people who genuinely need us.

How can we continue to give and give if we don’t keep our priorities in order? All of the THINGS that scream the loudest then become our focus instead of THE

things that God planned.
If we will let the Lord order our days, guide our steps, and lead our thoughts then the things fall in to the proper perspective. For me, starting my day by praising Him and giving Him Thanks helps to orient my day. When I start by reading His Word and letting His voice speak to my heart before all the demands of the day, I am much better equipped as I experience all the things that will certainly come.

For many of you reading this, I’m sure this is nothing that you don’t already know. But, we all need reminding from time to time.


For those of you that this is new, please trust me on this. Through the years, I can testify that giving the Lord the awe, and honor, and thanks that He so deserves...and then listening for His voice through His word...those are the days that I can truly say were the best.


That time spent thanking Him, praising Him, and hearing Him whisper to my heart is what carried me...and carries me each day.

I encourage you to do “first things first”...then “all the things!”

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭118:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬





Art behind the story:

This page started as a watercolor tutorial with a new friend at the recent Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps retreat held in Savannah, Georgia. I had the privilege to sit beside her and show her how to achieve the watercolor background. Next, like I often do, I make die cuts with stamps. The sunflowers, stems, crow, and leaves in the Happy Scarecrow set were perfect for this technique. The die cut words were from our printable called Falling for Jesus and the stamped words are from the set Jesus and Coffee

Hope y’all are having wonderful fall weather where you are!

Until next time,

Gayle
Patio Ponderings

No comments:

Post a Comment