Thursday, October 4, 2018

Change is Good




Happy Fall, ya'll!  What I miss most living in Florida is the lack of seasons.  Here it is October, and we are still in the 90 degrees during the day, and the 80s at night.  We simply do not have much change in the seasons.  I miss the snap in the air warning of the coming cold weather.  I especially love the colors of autumn, when the trees seem to be on fire with reds, oranges and yellows.  

Deuteronomy 1:6 tells of when God said to Moses and the Israelites, who had been camped out in the mountainous region of Horeb for about a year.  "The LORD our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount."  God tells them that its time to change their current situation in favor of what He has planned for them, namely possession of the Promised Land.  Had they chosen to stay where they were comfortable and resisted that change, they would not have received that blessing!  

I too often resist change.  It's uncomfortable, tiresome, unpredictable.  But God has a better plan in mind for me.  I just need to trust Him to lead me and protect me.  He's faithful.  His faithfulness is constant, even when He calls me to a change in my situation, job, relationship, etc. Change, when He is leading us to--and through--change, is good!


For this simple page, which has all the fall feels, I used the trees from the new Thrill of Hope stamp set.  I inked the top half of the image with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides, the bottom half with Barn Door, and the tree trunks and ground with Ground Espresso.  I blended the colors, still on the stamp, with a sponge before I stamped the image.  Next, I stamped the letters C-H-A-N-G-E with the Fossilized Amber,  Barn Door, and Spiced Marmalade, using the Shake It Off Alpha Stamp Set, and then stamped over them with the new Texture Tiles 4 set in Ground Espresso.  Once I cut them out, you could easily distinguish the patterns from the plaid stamps.  I finished with sponging the Fossilized Amber color around my passage, and the edges of the page, added some texture from Texture Tiles 1, added a tab, some journaling, and the date.

Trust God through the changes, friend!  He can and will bless you!


THRILL OF HOPE


TEXTURE TILES 4


SHAKE IT OFF


TEXTURE TILES 1


No comments:

Post a Comment