Friday, October 5, 2018

Be Still


Hello friends, it is so great to be back here sharing my Bible with you all. Today my baby is seven weeks old...how is that possible?! I have been slowly finding time between the marathon nursing sessions and cuddles to journal and dig back into the word. Over these last few weeks the words "be still" have been resonating in my heart. God has been reminding me it's ok to just rest in His presence, and allow Him to fill my tired, weary heart. what better way to illustrate this then with the latest stamp set coffee and Jesus.


I used the sunshine girl alpha, some tiny alpha stickers and hand lettering to create the title for the page. The fun coffee rings and splatters were created using a brown watercolor paint. I painted the bottom edge of the cup and stamped it, so it encircled the verse. The rest of the page I simply stamped a few of the coffee images in brown or black ink and colored then in with watercolors.


The message translation often has a new fresh perspective I enjoy reading. Psalm 46:10 says "take a long, loving look at me, your high God." I so needed to hear this, maybe you need these words this week too! It's ok to slow down and rest in the grace and goodness of God. I find it so easy to get caught up in the busy work of being momma that I forget to take time for the relationship that really matters...my heavenly Father. I invite you to sit down, put on the praise music, open your Bible, pour a giant mug of coffee or tea and let the grace of God fall fresh on you and revive your heart.

Father, help me stop and meditate on your goodness. let my focus rest on your insurmountable greatness, grace and love. Amen!!

Hugs and prayers, Jenn @creativegurl85



No comments:

Post a Comment