Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Just Jesus and Me!


Matthew 6:5-6
"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others . Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."


I created this page one morning, in the quiet of my craft room, before my kids were awake. That is always when I can find the best time with the Lord. No interruptions, just Jesus and me! A lot of us who bible journal like to share our work with others as a way to spread God's word. But there are a lot of us who strictly create our pages for ourselves and God, and there's nothing wrong with that! Our time with Jesus can be very personal and not meant to always be shared with others. I know I have some entries myself that will never be shared as it was a very personal time where I poured out prayers and tears. God calls for us to come to him in secret, where it is just us and him. Even though no one else may see our imitate time with him, HE does, and we will be rewarded for it! 


The current medium I seem to be obsessed with is Distress Oxides. I have had them for a while but I have recently been smudging the ink pad on an acrylic and water coloring with them. So this watercolor background was actually created with water and distress oxides applied with a watercolor brush. I used the various stamp sets listed below and adorned the top left corner with a lovely little fall embellishment I received at our fall journaling retreat.  See below for the list of stamp sets I used.

xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon

Jesus and Coffee

Incredibly Blessed 

Falling Leaves

Chunky Lowercase Alpha 







No comments:

Post a Comment