Monday, September 17, 2018

No Place I'd Rather Be


Being on my patio in the evenings and getting to watch my favorite Artist create the most glorious sunset paintings is definitely one of my favorite places to be. Watching as He pulls out colors my eyes have never even seen before is mind boggling to me. It definitely makes this girl ponder Him.



Even better than sunsets from my patio, are sunsets on the beach. It’s the place where the sun just seems to melt into the water. The place where the colors of the sun and the colors of the ocean just seem to dance. I definitely love pondering about my Creator God at the beach.



As much as I enjoy these happy places, they don’t even compare to what being Him will be like.

“How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven’s Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God...A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else!”
‭‭Psalm 84:1-2, 10a‬ ‭NLT‬‬



With each passing day and the older I get, I long to go home. Truly home. My hearts gets homesick some days...especially when I miss loved ones. Better than even being reunited with loved ones, is the thought of being fully in the presence of my Lord. 




One day, I can just imagine sitting with my God and Him pulling out all those colors that He uses to paint with and watching Him create...in person. 

Where is your favorite place to ponder Him? Share with me in the comments.

May you long for home.






Art behind the story:

The Home for the Holidays set this month is fast becoming one of my favorite Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets. I stamped the doorway on the bottom of the page. The letters are stamped with Sunshine Girl Alpha. On the top of the page, the sentiment and the tab are from the Home for the Holidays set too. I used Derwent Inktense pencils to color the doorway. The background colors are a mixture of Distress Oxides that I applied with a soft makeup brush. There are several great colors of the oxides for sale now on our website.  


Have fun shopping all the new releases, creating, and praising the Lord with your creativity!!


Until next time,

Gayle
Patio Ponderings

No comments:

Post a Comment