Thursday, September 6, 2018

Joy and Peace in my Home




I tend to have themes running through my life. I guess we all do where God is really trying to speak truth into our lives and we start noticing it everywhere. Or even take a Christmas set and turn into a message about my home.

You see home life can be hard. I stay at home with my kids. I homeschool them. They sleep in our room often. We travel together. Honestly it's been pretty amazing. We like each other and we love to be near each other, like even early morning coffee breath type of close. Ha ha. We are always together...

So back to the hard part, I'm not very patient. I get frustrated. I speak quickly and harshly. I care more about being right or boss momma, than I do about their heart breaking over my words. My son just gets angry back. He acts like he doesnt care. Hes such a minnie me. My daughter is sensitive. She cries and I break a little and try to recover.

I dont get why this is such a hard cycle to break. I want peace in my home. I want to be patient. I want to be gentle. I want peace.

Read the verse below

"Justice will rule in the wilderness and righteousness in the fertile field. And this righteousness will bring peace. Yes, it will bring quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in safety, quietly at home. They will be at rest."
Isaiah 32:16‭-‬18 NLT

I don't want self righteousness, not my doing or proving. I want His righteousness to flow through me, to being that peace. To find rest and quietness. To be changed by Him.
So here it is my public cry, God work in and change me!!!


ART TALK
Used Prima Watercolors for background. Stamped Home for the Holidays. Then Added the Outline Alpha Stamp and colored in with Inktense Pencils

Blessings,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment