Friday, September 14, 2018

Back to the basics



"But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love, will enter your house. I will bow down toward your holy temple in the fear of you."
Psalms 5:7 ESV

Sometimes we just need to get back to the basics. I love art and bible journaling. I find myself easily throwing color on the pages, pouring my heart into it. I don't spend hours critiquing my pages, I just do them and move on to the next. Some days it's a verse that I've been thinking about or saved from a sermon I heard recently. Some times its just a verse to help feature a stamp set. Some times its created out of heartache and pain. Other times it's in absolute praise for who God is. But sometimes I just feel a little lost in it.

But isnt this true in so many areas? In whatever ministry God has placed you in, It's so easy to do what you have trained and studied to do. To do the things God created you for. To use your gifts and talents, to love it, for it to become easy...

and yet it's so easy to get lost and lose yourself in it.

Ya see, when it's easy, when you are in your element, serving in the very area you were created for... you can so quickly forget to ask for Gods wisdom and guidance. You just start doing the motions....

And then your cups runs out. You're left feeling empty. You're left feeling uncertain of yourself, of your next move. Your heart changes a bit.

It's the loneliest place... to be in ministry and have your cup run out, have nothing left to give, and admit to others or even yourself that you're feeling empty. We start drowning when we are trying to do it all ourselves, plan the future and forget how important our one on one time with the Lord is. How our hearts desperately need to bow down before Him, sit in His presence, soak in His word, listen for His direction.

But I know that He is enough, friends. He will fill your cup, he will restore your soul. He will give you the strength to keep going strong in your ministry but you must go to Him regularly. Don't let the easy take over, don't lose sight of your vertical time.

I write this today knowing that I'm feeling empty. Knowing my cup is running dry. Knowing that my heart aches to be filled with Gods wisdom and direction. And it's in the simple that I created this page and found myself saying you are My God, I fall on my knees before you... I'm here, I'm listening, I need you...


ART TALK
For the background I used distress Oxides and smushed them on my Kraft Mat and then sprayed with water and smeared the bible page in that. I did a layer, dried, did another layer, dried it. I then stamped the words and added washi and the wire spiral thing. I just happened to find that in my stash and thought it matched well. Happy creating.


Blessings,
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment