Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Carolina Strong... In HIM!!


Zechariah 9:14
"Then the Lord will appear over them, 
and His arrow will go forth like lightning; 
the Lord God will sound the trumpet 
and will march forth in the whirlwinds of the south."


As many of you know, we in North and South Carolina have been battered by Hurricane Florence this past week. For over a week we were staring straight down the barrel at an unavoidable Category 4 hurricane. This was the SLOWEST moving hurricane I have ever experienced and the anticipation of it hitting was so worrisome. Everyone was scrambling to get all the home supplies they could, all the groceries they might need, and expecting to be without power for weeks! The more days that went by where I saw everyone stressing out about this storm, the more worried I got myself. We live southeast of Raleigh, NC so I felt like we wouldn't be in too much trouble being 2 hours from the coast, but some reports made me feel less confident. 

As the storm drew closer and closer; I worried, I prepared, and I prayed. Unfortunately, I did things in that order for too long. I then realized that worrying got me nowhere. All we could really do was prepare and pray!


A friend shared this verse with me and it really just blew me away. 

"Then the Lord will appear over them, 
and His arrow will go forth like lightning; 
the Lord God will sound the trumpet 
and will march forth in the whirlwinds of the south."

Wow! If that doesn't perfectly describe what we were going through at that exact moment I don't know what does! And the even crazier part is this is Zechariah 9:14..... Hurricane Florence made landfall on September 14th, 9/14 ! That's one of those Wow God moments right?!? God is always in control! We all lose sight of that sometimes, especially when times are uncertain and scary. It's easy to get swept up in our fears and worries and forget to put our trust in the only one in control, our God!  He controls the winds and the waves, and he can calm the sailor during the storm. 


We all endured this storm for days on end. It hovered over the east coast for so long and moved so slowly that the rain seemed like it would never end. Luckily for my family, we were extremely blessed since the hurricane's path shifted and the strength of the storm weakened. We managed to never lose power with minimal flooding in our area. However, many of the Carolina coast were not so lucky. Everyone is now assessing damage and starting to clean up and rebuild. God was always with them in the storm and he still is as they put their lives back together. We must all continue to pray for and help those that were greatly impacted by Hurricane Florence. Thank you for reading my post and I will continue to keep all of those families in my prayers! Thank you Lord for your courage, strength, and peace during the storm!

p.s.- This page turned out way different than I had originally planned. Full of mishaps and accidents that I just had to roll with. Sometimes I love this page and sometimes I feel like it's a total mess, much like a hurricane! So I went with it and trusted that this page would turn out as it was intended to. HE is in control, always. 

xoxo,
Stephanie Gammon 

Armor of God 

Teeny Alpha 



No comments:

Post a Comment