Thursday, April 5, 2018

Sermon Notes


Joshua is one of my favorite books of the Bible! It’s the first book I ever read as if it were a novel. I read it just for the enjoyment -- it’s quite an adventure story. 

Joshua 1.5-9 "No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageousDo not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

I especially love the first part. To me, it’s as if Joshua is sitting in church and God is preaching a personal sermon. You know...one of those that you know the preacher preached just for you! Yes, that kind of sermon. 

Can you imagine the note taking going on in that church service? 

Sermon Title: Don’t Worry
  1. I will be with you
  2. I won’t fail you 
  3. Or leave you
  4. Be Strong (and courageous)
  5. Don’t be afraid
If it was me, I wouldn't be able to write fast enough because I’d be hanging onto every word God spoke! This would be one of those sermons I’d go back to the notes over and over again. I’d ponder them, pray over them, and probably even doodle on them as I talked to God about the truths He spoke. 

God gave Joshua some great truths to hang on to. God promised to be with Joshua and to never leave him. He reminded Joshua not to be afraid. God challenged him to be strong and courageous. Great things for us too!! Don’t you think?

Art behind the story:

This page has a light watercolor wash on the background topped with stamping done in acrylic paint using Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps Grunge Elements 2. The “sticky notes” are from the April release called Just Say Jesus and done on printed patterned paper. Alphas are so versatile. Here, I used the new Teeny Alpha set to “write” my notes. The doodles in the background are from Scribble Flowers and Just Say Jesus

Thanks for stopping by today. 

Until next time, 
Hugs!

Gayle (Patio Ponderings)




 




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. So clever and insightful. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was one of those that literally anpicture popped in my head and I had to get it in my Bible!!

      Delete