Thursday, April 26, 2018

Not a Mean Girl!

So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. 
1 Peter 2:1

Friends,

Mean girls are all around us. In fact, if I'm honest, I used to be one (and sometimes, still am one!) But God calls us to be better than that. He calls us to stop getting mired down in jealousy and anger and gossip and hypocrisy and comparing, and instead rise up and act in a way that draws others to Him. To shine His Light. We can't do this in our own strength, but only in His. So let's make an intentional effort every morning to be God's Light in this hurting world. Pray that He will work through us, even in spite of us, each day. We may not be able to fix the world, but we can impact where we live. We can be the kind girls. And that's pretty cool!

Now for page details, Sweet n Sassy Stamps released the Girl Power printables which I have fallen in love with! I loved the look of seeing the Scripture through the printables, but as a personal choice, I don't like to cover Scripture where I can't read it. So, I copied the Bible page I wanted to journal onto white card stock. I then placed the girls on top of the copy and cut around them to make a tip-in. I matched the words on the copy up with the words on the Bible page and used washi tape to adhere the tip in to the page. I got the look I wanted, but can fold the tip-in down so that I can still read the Scripture! Win-win!

I used the following Sweet n Sassy Stamps sets: Girl Power Printables, Skinny Minnie Alpha, Mini Grunge Type Alpha, and Whimsy Bouquet.

Have fun being the kind girl! Andrea














No comments:

Post a Comment