Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Beauty in the Cross

Hello friends! I pray you all had a blessed Easter weekend. I am still on a spiritual high from Sunday, so I thought I would share the page I created to remind me of Easter Sunday this year.

I Peter 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you."


I was scrolling through Instagram the other day when this quote hit me right between the eyes... 'by dying He destroyed our death, by rising again He restored our life.' Wow that somehow clicked and I knew it had to be in my Bible. The image of the cross is often associated with our Saviors suffering and can seem cruel, ugly and harsh...and it is but it is also beautiful. That unfinished cross finished and sealed our destiny, those ugly nails secured our hope, and that harsh crown blossomed into glory. Only Jesus could take a horrible, tragic death and after three days bust out with new life! I hope these feelings never stop overwhelming you!

I began this page by using some washi tape to create a masked off cross on my page. Then I went in with my watercolors and painted flowers and foliage. I am seriously in love with the new teeny alphabet stamps in the new April stamp release...I have a feeling they will find themselves on many of my pages. I used those stamps along with a little brush lettering to recreate the quote I mentioned earlier. I added a few white gel pen accents in the lettering and flowers and a smattering of washi, puffy hearts, and wordfetti.



Father, fill our hearts and overwhelm us with your love for us. Thank you for taking such a ugly, harsh event and creating the beauty of eternal life with you. Help us walk a little closer to you everyday and share the incredible joy we have in you!  Amen!

Hugs and Prayers
Jenn @creativegurl85



No comments:

Post a Comment