Monday, April 16, 2018

Even the Stars

"Praise Him, sun and moon, praise Him all you shining stars! Praise Him, you highest heavens, and you waters above the heavens! Let them praise the name of the Lord! For He commanded and they were created. And He established them forever and ever; He gave a decree, and it shall not pass away." Psalm 148:3-6


Recently I was on Youtube and a suggested video popped up in my feed... it was 'So Will I' by Hillsong United. The words in the song are so powerful and moving! I highly recommend giving the song a listen and allow the Father to speak through the song. Once the song was over I pulled out my supplies and got to work documenting this special God moment in my Bible.


I began by using the sketchy star in the 'Skinny Minnie alpha' set stamped in sticky VersaFine ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I stamped the fun sticky note from 'Just say Jesus' onto some scrapbook papers and used the 'Teeny alpha' and words from the same set to stamp on the notes. Before attaching the notes to the page I used a few blue watercolors to create a dark night sky. Once dry I added some simple white stars or dots with my white signo gel pen and a few splashes of gold ink. I love the cute little washi strips added to the corners of the notes, it gave the page so much character. I finished the page with some of the lyrics from the song 'So Will I.' 


I will end this post with the first verse from the song, I pray it touches you heart. 

'And as you speak a hundred billion galaxies are born
In the vapor of you breath the planets form
If the stars were made to worship so will I
I can see you heart in everything you made
every burning star a signal fire of grace
If creation sings your praises so will I!'

Hugs and prayers,


No comments:

Post a Comment