Tuesday, April 17, 2018

How's My Heart?

Moses’ face is still radiant with the glory of the Lord when he shares with the people of Israel what the Lord has commanded regarding offerings for the tabernacle.

Exodus 35:5 states “Take a sacred offering for the Lord. Let those with generous hearts present the following gifts to the Lord:”


That stopped me in my tracks and I read it again.  “Let those with generous hearts.” Hmmm.

It didn’t say everyone present gifts. It said all those who had “generous hearts”. I began to ponder. Would I have been in that number of those whose hearts were generous?

As I read further in chapter 35, Moses tells the people all the types of gifts they were to bring. Gold, silver, bronze. He included olive oil and spices. He went on to instruct those who were gifted craftsmen as to what they were to construct.

In verse 20, it says 'the whole community of Israel left Moses and returned to their tents." Scripture goes on to tell us that all whose hearts were stirred and those who were of a willing heart brought contributions for the tabernacle.


Again, I began to ponder. Was my heart stirred? Was it willing? Where is my heart when it comes to things of the Lord?


In fact, in the next chapter we learn that the people have given so much for the tabernacle they had to be told to stop giving because they had “more than enough”!

Am I of a generous heart that is stirred when there is a need and generous enough that I would give to the point of excess?




Father may my heart be generous, open to being stirred, and willing to give above and beyond. 



________________________________________________________________________________



Art behind the story:


The background on these pages is done with watercolor, and then layers added by using Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps Grunge Elements 2 and some stencils that I made on my die cut machine. The words are stamped with Mini Grunge Type Alpha.







2 comments:

  1. Lovely page and even more lovely reflection Gayle! Good work and love these adorable stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sweet friend for taking the time to stop by and read it. I’m loving these stamps, too! Love and prayers!

      Delete