Thursday, August 2, 2018

HIGHER GROUND | Hymnal Art Journaling with Julie

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength!  He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights." (Habakkuk 3:19 NLT)

Meet Larry and Lulu.  Lulu is the llama lying down, and Larry is the one standing up.  These are the two llamas in the "Llama Love" stamp set, part of the August Release.  This set is great for card making, scrapbooking, and yes, even faith art journaling.  Here I am journaling with Lulu and Larry in my hymnal the song "Higher Ground," a traditional hymn published in 1892.  

"Llama" just say, I'm a major clutz!  (Ok, I just had to add that pun 😁)  Seriously, I am clumsy, and I have been all my life.  I have broken both of my feet twice, simply from stupid falls and trips, and at least three different toes, from walking into tables or chairs, etc.  Surefooted I am not!  I would love to hike and climb mountains, but even walking on a sidewalk is dangerous for me.  Therefore, I love to read Habakkuk 3:19, where it talks about how God makes my feet sure as the deer, and enables me to tread upon my high places.  

This promise for me means that God is my support, my strength, my guide, my security.  Just like the sturdy llama, with its surefooted ability to scale the Andes Mountains, God empowers me to accomplish His great tasks for Him! The more I walk in His way and follow His path, seeking and surrendering to Him daily, I continue to scale greater and greater heights through and for Him.  By faith, He plants my feet on higher and higher ground, until I've reached that highest "tableland" named Heaven!  Incidentally, we sang this hymn at church this past weekend, which gave me the idea for journaling this page.  Afterwards, my son asked me what a "tableland" was.  It's a high plateau.  Heaven is the highest of plateaus, where we will spend eternity with God.  



For this page, I stamped and masked Larry and Lulu with the mountains. I show how to mask in the video linked below. I then painted each little scene with Dots and Dust watercolors. Wanting to keep some of the text visible, I masked those off with washi tape, and then created the background using Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet and Broken China.  I stamped my title with the new Chunky Lowercase Alpha set and one of my favorite alphas, Mini Grunge Type.  My white Signo Uniball gel pen was perfect for adding detailing to the broad letters.  There are two border stamps in the Llama Love set, so I used one to box out the text.  Next, I added texture with the stones stamp from Texture Tiles 2.  Finally, I wrote Hab. 3:19 in an empty spot, and added a tab, washi tape and bow to complete the page.  
I've been amazed at the ways I've been able to use these llamas in my Bible and faith art.  If you missed the Facebook Live release where I showcased this set, you can still catch it here.  You will have to request to join the group if you aren't already a member, but don't worry, it's a fun place to hang out!  In this live video, I share some additional ideas of ways to use the llama set in your Bible journaling, and I created a page for Matthew 11:29.  I also invite you to follow my Instagram account where you can see my other pages and projects I create with this set.


LLAMA LOVE


CHUNKY LOWERCASE ALPHA


MINI GRUNGE TYPE ALPHA

TEXTURE TILES 2



No comments:

Post a Comment