Saturday, September 2, 2017

Whom have I..?

Hi friends,
 
I love how the Psalms explore the full range of human emotions and experiences - from joy to despair, love, hate, anger, friendship, loss, loneliness, triumph and failure. And no matter what the writers of the Psalms go through, they always return to the security of the character and nature of God.
 
Psalm 73:25-26 follows verses filled with confessions of envy, confusion, bitterness and ignorance. Yet the psalmist finishes with these beautiful words...

Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.


No matter what may be going on around us or in us, we need to come back to this place of realising that God is our all in all - nothing else can compare with Him or compete with Him. When we fix our eyes and our heart on Him, then we find perspective and strength in the difficulties of life.


I created this page using watercolours on a page prepped with gesso (this makes the colour & water move around more than an un-prepped page). The heaven and earth stamps were stamped first, then I applied the watercolour and once dry added the rest of the verse using alphabet stamps and stickers.

Here are the stamp sets I used:

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-god-is-good-clear-stamp-set/http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-mini-grunge-type-alpha-clear-stamp-set/

I want to finish by encourage you with the final verse of this Psalm:

But as for me, it is good to be near God
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

Yes and amen!

Be blessed...

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment