Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Sing of His glory

Burst into song, you mountains, you forests and all your trees, for the LORD has redeemed Jacob, he displays his glory in Israel. - Isaiah 44:23

When I read this part I had to think of the talking trees in the Lord of the Rings and how they would be singing hymns with their deep voices. How powerful would it be if the mountains and trees would start singing, rejoicing God. That's how this page started...

I used two stamp sets (Sing Loud and As the Deer) to create this page. I have a lot of journaling space in my bible and there's a lot to journal about in this chapter so I kept this part of my drawing in one column and I highlighted the message I was working on. I prepared my page with clear gesso and made the background with Distress inks. I stamped the images with black ink after the background dried. I used watercolors for the images and the word 'glory'. Because of the stamping you can build this page really quick. I had to wait for the gesso and the ink to dry, but if you'd just stamp the images and color everything with colored pencils it's a really easy page to make. 

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-as-the-deer-clear-stamp-set/

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-sing-loud-clear-stamp-set/
- Lucinde
 

No comments:

Post a Comment