Friday, September 29, 2017

He's Got A Plan

{jane bosi} Happy Day, Sweet Friends!!

Today, I'm revisiting a journaling page I shared a while back.  You see, I had a plan.  Artistically, I've been struggling--work stress, life stress, change--normally would drive me to the Studio for some art therapy.  My son left for college for the first time in early September.  It.  Is.  Hard.  My remedy has been to stay busy, family outings, lots of together time.  I had planned and saved last weekend as an art weekend...a time to finally, get back in the Studio.

And, then, my son surprised me and came home!  I was in the Studio.  Working my plan.  I thought I heard his voice and quickly scolded myself as ridiculous.  Then, my youngest shouted out "Ben's home!!"  Best derailment of plans of ever!

Early Sunday morning, I rose and thought to quickly create something new to share today.  I started to panic, trying to force something.  I wanted to get something done before my kiddos got up so we could spend the day together before having to take Ben back to school.  No ideas.  I started paging through my bible and reading passages. And, realized, I could just stop.  I could just share something I'd already done.  Y'all would understand. 

I landed on Jeremiah 29:11

The prayer of this passage has been a pleading, a clinging to promise not just about my own life, but for the life of my recently launched child.  Will you join me in praying that my son will follow?  I know his God pursues him....with plans for welfare and not evil, to give him a future and a hope.

My little life snippet is such a good reminder of the way in which God is always working for our betterment.  Regardless of the plans we have for ourselves.  His plans are greater; His plans are higher.  I had to lay down the plans I had made.  I cannot begin to tell you of the ways in which my unplanned (by me) weekend with my son has been a blessing.

I created this page with many goodies from the stamp store:  Faith Quote Blocks, My Creator and Note This

Thank you, in advance, for your prayers.  In Him,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment