Saturday, September 23, 2017

He is Faithful...

Hi friends,

This month I started on an exciting and daunting journey of going back to College (many years after I finished my first degree!) to study Theology, a dream I have had in my heart for a number of years. At our welcome service, the Principal preached on 1 Thessalonians 5:24 - "The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it."


This is encouraging in so many ways! One of the things I learnt about this verse is that the word 'calls' is in the present continuous tense in the Greek, which means that God doesn't just call us once, he continues to call us throughout our lives - wow! And it is the one who calls us who will do the work in and through us. We don't need to fret and worry and strive to sort out our lives or families or calling - that's God's job! And he is FAITHFUL. Is anyone else encouraged by this awesome truth? So as I embark on this new chapter of my life that involves learning a bunch of new skills and knowledge while trying to discern my next steps, I can know that it is God who will work all these things out in my life for my good and for his glory. And whatever you are going through, remember that God is the one who is doing the working - and he is faithful to complete it!


I thought the topiary tree from the new Christmas Topiaries set would be perfect for this verse as I thought about how God crafting our lives carefully to produce fruit and beauty is much like the process of cultivating a topiary tree (and remember - it's not the tree that does the work of cultivation!). I created the verse using alphabet stamps and smaller word stamps from a variety of sets: Lynzee Script Alpha, Mini Grunge Type Alpha, Good Shepherd and God is Good

Here are some of the main supplies I used on this page:

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/christmas-topiaries-clear-stamp-set/

Have a blessed day and week ahead!

x Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment